Within the cannabis plant, there is a classification of compounds known as cannabinoids. Among these are CBD and THC, along with more than 100 others which scientists have discovered naturally occurring within different cannabis strains.
In 1995, researchers discovered that by interacting with receptors in the human endocannabinoid system, cannabinoids like CBD could deliver unique health benefits to the body. Later, they discovered that each cannabinoid could affect the body differently.
For example, while THC delivers the psychoactive effects associated with “getting high,” CBD does not. With various ranges of effects delivered by other cannabinoids like Cannabigerol (CBG) and Cannabinol (CBN), the full collection of cannabinoids forms what is referred to as the “cannabinoid spectrum.”
Full Spectrum CBD
Full spectrum CBD is an extract that contains all compounds found naturally occurring in the plant, including terpenes, essential oils, and other cannabinoids. These compounds work together to magnify the therapeutic benefits of each individual cannabinoid. This is commonly referred to as the “Entourage Effect.”
CBD isolate is the purest form of CBD, which is produced by removing all other compounds found in the plant including terpenes, flavonoids, plant parts, and other cannabinoids. CBD isolate is typically extracted from hemp, due to its low to non-existent THC-content.
CBD isolate is a good option for:
- Individuals who regularly undergo drug screening tests
- Individuals who prefer light flavors or no hemp flavor
- Individuals with sensitivity to THC or other cannabinoids
Frequently Asked Questions
Here are common questions about CBD, feel free to contact us for more.
What is CBD?
CBD (cannabidiol) is an all-natural organic compound known as a cannabinoid that is found within the cannabis plant and imparts many of the plant’s natural benefits. CBD interacts with the many cannabinoid receptors found in the endocannabinoid system throughout the human body.
Scientific studies and clinical research indicate many potential medicinal uses for CBD, including relaxation, stress relief, minor pain relief, and much more. We encourage you to do your own research and/or consult a medical professional. The CBD products on this website have not been evaluated by the FDA to treat, cure, or prevent any disease.
Do these products contain THC?
Some of our CBD products are made with “CBD isolate” and contain zero THC. Some products are made with “Full Spectrum” hemp oil comprised of up to .3% THC (the legal limit) and other cannabinoids and natural compounds from the cannabis plant.
Will CBD cause me to fail a drug test?
Products labeled “THC-Free” have 0% chance of registering on a drug test; however, products labeled “full spectrum” contain .3% THC and may register on a test.
Is CBD psychoactive?
CBD does not cause the sensation of “getting high” like THC. Industrial hemp contains .3% or less THC, a negligible amount.
How do I use CBD?
CBD can be introduced into the body through a variety of methods.
CBD oil tinctures are absorbed into the body via sublingual oral drops that are held under the tongue for 30 seconds before swallowing. Effects are delivered within 20 minutes.
We stock CBD products that can be vaped or smoked, methods of intake which have the highest absorption rates and take effect within minutes.
CBD can also be taken orally via capsules, syrups, edible products and more. Digestion takes the longest to take effect (half an hour to 1 hour+) and has the lowest rate of absorption, but also has the longest lasting effects compared to other methods of ingestion.
Are your products third-party lab-tested?
ALL of the CBD products on our website have been third-party lab-tested. Puffster is unique in that we also independently submit for testing EVERY line we carry to ensure our customers are getting the quality products they pay for.
- Why Is This So Important? Reputable CBD manufacturers will provide third-party lab reports; however, there is NO guarantee that the results reflect the current products being distributed. For example: A manufacturer can easily obtain accurate lab reports by giving a small sample of legitimate CBD products to a lab, but afterward start mass producing fake products – these dishonest companies simply show the public the original accurate reports, and the public has no idea they just purchased a fake product backed by a false lab report.
- How Prevalent is Fake CBD? – We’ve submitted MANY products for lab testing since launching our company, and it has shocked and saddened us how many companies are selling fake CBD products. Some of these companies are major brand names. Some companies have made adjustments since we’ve revealed their fake products, but surprisingly many continue purposefully selling these fake products to this day. Some products tested revealed VERY low levels of CBD (ex: the product stated 300mg CBD on the package when it was in fact 1mg). Often times other ingredients are added so that the consumer *thinks* they are getting CBD effects.
- How is Puffster unique? – We’re currently the only known company that stands by a unique CBD guarantee – the lowest prices, the best selection, and all lines third-party AND independently lab-tested. Before any new CBD product line hits our shelves, we independently submit it to a professional lab for testing. We take great pride in going the extra mile to ensure our customers are getting the quality CBD products they pay for! We are a principled family and veteran-owned company and are taking a stand against immoral CBD sales.