Within the cannabis plant, there is a classification of compounds known as cannabinoids. Among these are CBD and THC, along with more than 100 others which scientists have discovered naturally occurring within different cannabis strains.
In 1995, researchers discovered that by interacting with receptors in the human endocannabinoid system, cannabinoids like CBD could deliver unique health benefits to the body. Later, they discovered that each cannabinoid could affect the body differently.
With various ranges of effects delivered by other cannabinoids like Cannabigerol (CBG) and Cannabinol (CBN), the full collection of cannabinoids forms what is referred to as the “cannabinoid spectrum.”
Full Spectrum CBD
Full spectrum CBD is an extract that contains ALL compounds found naturally occurring in the plant, including terpenes, essential oils, and other cannabinoids. These compounds work together to magnify the therapeutic benefits of each individual cannabinoid. This is commonly referred to as the “Entourage Effect.”
Full spectrum CBD is a good option for:
- Individuals who do not undergo drug screening tests
- Individuals who want to reap the benefits of the entire plant
CBD isolate is produced by removing all other compounds found in the plant including terpenes, flavonoids, plant parts, and other cannabinoids.
CBD isolate is a good option for:
- Individuals who may undergo drug screening tests
- Individuals who prefer light flavors or no hemp flavor
- Individuals with sensitivity to THC or other cannabinoids
Frequently Asked Questions
Here are common questions about CBD, feel free to contact us for more.
What is CBD?
CBD (cannabidiol) is an all-natural organic compound known as a cannabinoid that is found within the cannabis plant and imparts many of the plant’s natural benefits. CBD interacts with the many cannabinoid receptors found in the endocannabinoid system throughout the human body.
What can CBD be used for?
Scientific studies and clinical research indicate many potential uses for CBD, including relaxation, stress relief, minor pain relief, and much more. We encourage you to do your own research and/or consult a medical professional. The CBD products on this website have not been evaluated by the FDA to treat, cure, or prevent any disease.
What are the differences between CBD, hemp, and marijuana?
Marijuana, CBD, and hemp are all the same plant but they have been bred for different uses. Marijuana products are high in THC and have varying levels of CBD, CBD products are low in THC or THC-free, and there are some hemp oil products that do not contain either CBD or THC. Marijuana can get you high and can cause appetite stimulation, whereas CBD cannot – otherwise, they have similar properties and uses. A product labeled “hemp oil” that does NOT specifically state the number of milligrams of CBD or THC it contains will only have nutritional benefits. Non-CBD hemp is commonly referred to as “industrial hemp” and is used to make clothing, paper, bioplastics, etc.
Do your products contain THC?
Some of our CBD procucts are made with “CBD isolate” and contain zero THC. Some products are made with “Full Spectrum” hemp oil comprised of up to .3% THC (the legal limit) and other cannabinoids and natural compounds from the cannabis plant.
Will CBD cause me to fail a drug test?
Products labeled “THC-Free” have 0% chance of registering on a drug test; however, products labeled “full spectrum” contain .3% THC and may register on a test. Puffster does not make any guarantees that you will be able to pass a drug test when you use any amount of a full spectrum CBD product.
Is CBD psychoactive?
CBD does not cause the sensation of “getting high” like THC. Industrial hemp contains .3% or less THC, a negligible amount.
Do you sell CBD “for kids” or “for pets”?
Any CBD products you find online labeled as such are simply marketing tactics used by companies; the CBD inside is exactly the same as the CBD for adults, with a different label. However, we do sell pet treats that would not be suitable for human consumption due to the taste! 🙂
Do you sell CBD products good for my specific medical condition?
We are not able to give any medical advice by law. However, all CBD products have the same general effects – you’re going to simply select the way you would prefer to get CBD into your body (see the section below titled “How do I use CBD?”).
How do I use CBD?
CBD effects can be felt for approximately 4-6 hours. CBD can be introduced into the body through a variety of methods, including:
- Vaping or Smoking – These methods of intake have the highest absorption rates and take effect within minutes.
- Oil Tinctures – CBD is absorbed into the body via sublingual oral drops that are held under the tongue for 30 seconds before swallowing. Effects are delivered within 20 minutes.
- Topicals – Applying a lotion, balm, or bath product to your skin will allow the CBD to be directly concentrated with maximum impact to a specific area of application. Effects are delivered within 20 minutes.
- Capsules / Edibles – Digestion takes the longest to take effect (half an hour to 1 hour+) and has the lowest rate of absorption, but also has the longest lasting effects compared to other methods of ingestion.
Will your CBD actually work for me?
In short, yes, CBD does work. Every human body has an endocannabinoid system that receives and translates signals from cannabinoids; CBD influences the body to use its own endocannabinoids more effectively.
We have had customers who come to us and say they’ve tried CBD and it “didn’t work.” The most common reasons for this are:
- You need a stronger dose (please see the section below titled “What strength do I need?”)
- You tried a product that wasn’t actually CBD (please see the section above titled “what are the differences between CBD, hemp and marijuana?” and below titled “Are your products third-party lab-tested”)
- The effects of CBD can be subtle. Often it’s most noticeable to customers that CBD is working for them when they start taking it for a period of time and then stop – their previous problems of stress, etc. come back and they realize how much better they felt while taking CBD.
- CBD is not a miracle “cure-all”; while it’s amazingly beneficial for so many reasons, it simply will not work for every ailment in existence.
What strength do I need?
Everyone has a unique tolerance to CBD. We recommend starting with a small amount and increasing as needed. Customers new to CBD tend to start with a lower strength for cost reasons to see what they think of the product. It is most economical to then purchase a higher strength because there are price breaks as you go up; you will simply take less of the product with a higher strength (ex: If 2 droppers of a 250mg tincture worked for you, you would take 1 dropper of a 500mg tincture for the same effects).
Are your products third-party lab-tested?
ALL of the CBD products on our website have been third-party lab-tested. Puffster is unique in that we also independently submit for testing EVERY line we carry to ensure our customers are getting the quality products they pay for.
- Why Is This So Important? Reputable CBD manufacturers will provide third-party lab reports; however, there is NO guarantee that the results reflect the current products being distributed. For example: A manufacturer can easily obtain accurate lab reports by giving a small sample of legitimate CBD products to a lab, but afterward start mass producing fake products – these dishonest companies simply show the public the original accurate reports, and the public has no idea they just purchased a fake product backed by an inaccurate lab report.
- How Prevalent is Fake CBD? – As part of our independent verification process to ensure our customers are being served genuine CBD, we’ve submitted MANY products for lab testing at a professional cannabis testing laboratory since launching our company, and it has shocked and saddened us how many companies are selling fake CBD products. Some of these companies are major brand names. Some companies have made adjustments since we’ve revealed their fake products, but surprisingly many continue purposefully selling these fake products to this day. Some products tested revealed VERY low levels of CBD (ex: the product stated 300mg CBD on the package when it was in fact 1mg). Other times other ingredients are added so that the consumer *thinks* they are getting CBD effects.
- How is Puffster unique? – We’re currently the only known company that stands by a unique CBD guarantee – the lowest prices, the best selection, and all lines third-party AND independently lab-tested. Before any new CBD product line hits our shelves, we verify lab reports provided by manufacturers as the first step. Then, we independently submit products to a professional lab for testing. We take great pride in going the extra mile to ensure our customers are getting the quality CBD products they pay for! We are a principled family and veteran-owned company and are taking a stand against immoral CBD sales.